The crispy edges of our Detroit style pizza recipe are made even tastier with this combo of spicy nduja and creamy burrata dripping down them.
Nduja & Burrata Detroit Style Pizza
1. For the dough;
- Place the water and yeast in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment and begin to mix on the lowest speed.
- Gradually add the flours while continuously mixing, scraping the dough down the side of the bowl as required. Once you have added around 2/3rds of the flour, add the salt before adding the remaining flour and mixing for around 3 minutes.
- Turn the mixer off and leave the dough to rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix for a final 30 seconds to bring the dough back together before transferring to a large well oiled bowl, covering with cling film/shrink wrap and leaving to ferment at room temperature for between 6 and 12 hours.
- After the time has passed, pop the dough out onto a clean work surface and lift into an oiled 8x10” Detroit pan.
- Gently push and stretch the dough towards the corners of the pan (don’t be worried if it doesn’t quite reach the corners yet, you can stretch it now and again during its proofing time) cover and leave at room temperature for 2-3 hours before baking.
1. For the pizza;
- Ensure Roccbox is preheated to around 350 Celsius/660 Fahrenheit and turn the flame down to its lowest setting.
- Take the room temperature Detroit dough and bake in the front third of the oven for 3 minutes, rotating halfway through the bake.
- Working quickly, remove the pan from the oven and top the pizza with the cheese, tomato sauce and nduja and return to the oven.
- Bake for a further 6-8 minutes rotating regularly.
- Once baked, let the pizza sit in the tray for a few minutes before removing to a chopping board. Top with the burrata and use a knife and fork to open the cheese up and spread over the pizza.
For the dough;
5.5oz 00 Flour
5.5oz Bread Flour
1g Fresh Yeast
½ Tbsp Salt
For the pizza;
3 ½ oz Mozzarella, grated
3 ½ oz Jack Cheese, grated
4 Tbsp Nduja
3 Tbsp Tomato Sauce