If you haven’t tried potato on pizza yet (you definitely should!) then Drew Huston’s awesome sourdough base topped with thinly sliced potatoes and flavour baked roasted onions is a good place to start...
Potato & Onion Pizza
1. For The Dough;
- Mix the bread flour and khorasan flour together in a bowl. Pour the water into a separate bowl and add the starter to the water. Mix with your hand to dissolve the starter before adding 10% of the flour mix. Mix with your hand until there are no dry bits. Cover, and rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt to the mix and knead briefly to incorporate before adding the remaining flour and bringing together into a dough with your hands.
- Tip the dough onto a clean work surface and knead for around 10 minutes. Form into a tight ball, cover and leave for 2 hours.
- When the time is up, divide the dough into 250g pieces and shape into dough balls. Place the dough ballsa into a container and cover. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Allow the dough balls to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before opening into pizzas.
2. For The Toppings;
- Thickly slice the onions before popping in a tray, drizzling with olive oil, salt and pepper and roasting at 350°F/180°C for 10 minutes.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes before blanching in salted boiling water for one minute. Remove with a slotted spoon into a bowl of iced water and set aside.
- Combine the ricotta and cream with a generous seasoning of salt and pepper and whisk until smooth.
3. For The Pizzas;
- Working with one at a time, toss the dough ball in flour before opening into a pizza base and dolloping on the ricotta cream.
- Layer with potato and onion before topping with rosemary, mozzarella and extra virgin olive oil.
- Pull the pizza onto a placement and launch into Roccbox. Bake for around 2 minutes, rotating as required.
- As the pizza comes out the oven, grate over the fresh parmigiano cheese, slice and serve.[end]
For The Dough:
400g Strong White Bread Flour
100g Khorasan Flour
325g Water, at 18 degrees celsius
100g Active Starter
For The Toppings:
2 Large Red Onions
2-3 Rosemary Sprigs
To Finish The Pizzas:
Parmigiano Reggiano, Grana Padano or Pecorino
Extra Virgin Olive Oil