Plank cooking is a fun and sensory way to cook - and Dome makes it super simple. This incredible plank cooked salmon is similar to hot smoked but really, it’s pretty unique - and delicious!
Cedar Plank Cooked Side Of Salmon
1. For the salmon;
- Firstly, ensure your salmon side is a suitable size for the plank by trimming off near the tail and belly. These bits can be saved for another meal. Weigh the side of fish and write down the weight.
- Weigh out 8% of the fish weight in salt, and 4% in sugar.
- Pat dry the trimmed fish and pop into a suitably sized dish. Sprinkle over the salt and sugar mix, cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
2. To cook;
- Fire up the Dome to 700f (350c) with your choice of fuel and ensure you have a medium/med-high flame present.
- Remove the plank from it’s soaking water and lay the fish skin side down on the wood. Slide the plank into the centre of the Dome.
- Use a pizza peel and/or tongs to turn and rotate the plank during cooking for around 10-15 minutes. Cook the salmon until you reach an internal temperature of 125f (51c) for medium, and a bit longer if you like it cooked more.
1 Side of Salmon, skin on, pin bones removed
1 Cedar Plank, soaked for 6-8 hours