Drew Huston aka @wildcatfalling makes his stunning looking pizzas with a blend of flours that result in a flavour packed sourdough crust. This one is topped with a perfectly salted tapenade and seasonal squash or zucchini that makes an epic vegetarian pizza ...
Summer Squash Pizza
1. For the dough;
- Mix the bread flour and khorasan flour together in a bowl. Pour the water into a separate bowl and add the starter to the water. Mix with your hand to dissolve the starter before adding 10% of the flour mix. Mix with your hand till there are no dry bits. Cover, and rest for 10 minutes.
- Add the salt to the mix and knead briefly to incorporate before adding the. remaining flour and bringing together into a dough with your hands.
- Tip the dough onto a clean work surface and knead for around 10 minutes. Form into a tight ball, cover and leave for 2 hours.
- When the time is up, divide the dough into 250g pieces and shape into dough balls. Place the dough balls into a container and cover. Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Allow the dough balls to sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before opening into pizzas.
2. For the tapenade;
- Pop all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse in short increments keeping the tapenade chunky.
- Set to one side.
3. For the pizzas;
- Working with one dough ball at a time, toss the dough ball in flour before opening into a pizza base and topping with some sliced squash, garlic, a few blobs of tapenade and olive oil.
- Top with the mozzarella before sliding onto a placement peel and launching into Roccbox.
- Bake for around 2 minutes, rotating as required. As the pizza comes out the oven grate with the hard cheese of choice before serving.
For The Dough:
400g Strong White Bread Flour
100g Khorasan Flour
325g Water, at 18 degrees celsius
100g Active Starter
For The Olive Tapenade:
1 Cup Pitted Green Olives
1 Tbsp Capers
Zest of 1 Orange and 1 Lemon
1 Clove Garlic, peeled
2 Anchovy Filets (optional)
For The Pizzas;
4-6 Yellow Squash or Zucchini/Courgette, thinly sliced
4 Clove Garlic, thinly sliced
8oz Mozzarella, grated
Parmigiano Reggiano, Grana Padano or Pecorino
Extra Virgin Olive Oil